Skip to main content

37 Dodge Fargo 3tonne dually.

More
10 years 2 months ago #141097 by Scratchbuilt
Hey fella's I scored a 37 Dodge fargo chassis, fenders and grill last sunday with intentions to slightly resto rod it. It'll be my daily "tradey" truck.

I'm building it with intentions of updating the rolling chassis, so i'll be offering up the non running dodge kew 6cyl motor, trans, front beam axle (brakes , 20"? wheels) plus the diff, rear leaf springs and the wheels on that. So if there are any restorers out there please PM me.

I live out west at Orange NSW.

Up front I'm planning on using 340 V8, Toyota dyna/Diahatsu delta beam axle because it'll bolt straight onto the original front leaf springs. Dunno about the steering yet.

Bringing up the rear will be a dyna/delta van diff, I wanted a dually set up but it won't fit through my back gates. This will be suspended on some 78 F100 rear leafs and there front and rear perches. Might as well update that area when I have the chance.

The dyna van master cylinder booster/swing pedals will make there way into the cab. Which I might add is from a F%&D but there are a ton of jigsawed farm trucks out this way. Even the patina matches the fenders and grill.

The overall plan is to have a hinged tray with a hoist so I can piggy back my channeled 34 Pontiac showrod on the weekends if it breaks down and lug around my carpentry gear during the week.

Either way I really dig my truck.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #141098 by asw120
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting "rat-rod" out of this? Is that the kind of thing?
I'm a brush-paint / low-pressure "restorer" myself, but don't mind some of the rats.

Some pics would be good. (check out the FAQ's)

Welcome in, ASW. (Jarrod)

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 2 months ago #141099 by geoffa
Hi Scratchbuilt,

I have sent you a PM.

Geoff.

More
10 years 2 months ago #141100 by Scratchbuilt
I've allways wanted a older truck with gloss black fenders and a body done in suede finish. But by all rights I want it to appear to be a well presented older truck with A SLIGHT rubber rake to give it attitude.

I've built a few radical light trucks but this time I want something that can be mistaken for a stocker.

Next week I'm buying a 80's Toyota dyna twin cab with a simple 7ft tray i'll extend for the princely sum of $200.
That should yield about 70% of everything i'll need.

Tho I've attended forums for years , i've never learnt how to post pictures, I can't get my head around it.

Tho I can email pic's

More
10 years 2 months ago #141101 by dodgy35
Hey scratchy,I have just sent you a PM

Thanx

More
10 years 2 months ago #141102 by dodgy35
Bugga,too slow off the mark,,PM sent to Geoffa

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #141103 by Scratchbuilt
35 dodge, I'll keep my eyes peeled mate, truck wheels show up from time to time when someone purchases an older truck to streetrod. So i'll put the word out.

Try cowra scrap yard he sometimes gets the odd older vehicle in and he used to sell at scrap prices. I haven't dealt with him in at least a decade. But I bought a set of doors, 3pce hood and running boards for my 42 lend lease 2T chev truck and they were cheap as chips then.

I guess any older truck wrecking business might have something in your stud pattern. That's if you need rims just to make yours mobile for now.

Back when I was driving to and from Newcastle to here 10yrs back there was a old truck enthusiast on the Bell line road on the left heading out this way. Can't remember where (maybe closer to Richmond) but I remember the fires went through his massive truck collection. They may all be still there rusting into the ground, someone here is bound to know the yard. Maybe there are wheels on something there.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Scratchbuilt.

More
10 years 1 month ago #141104 by Zuffen
On the Bells Line of Road there was an old Chain Drive chassis on the southern side of the road (I think) west of Bilpin, and I always lusted after it.

No idea what I would do with it. A bit like a dog chasing a car!

More
10 years 1 month ago #141105 by dodgy35
Thanks for that,have got a couple off bits of him cheap in the past,helpful bloke :),he still has the old chain driven unit there as well as a Thornycroft,he let me take a few pics out there.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds