Skip to main content

Children's books with good trucks in them

More
10 years 2 months ago #140607 by spinnerboy
For jigsaw go to www.bepuzzled.com.au you just email a piccy and they make a puzzle which comes a nice box with the original piccy on the top. Very reasonable price too I thought.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #140608 by Scratchbuilt
Heres an oldy its printed as a Numbat Picture book,
the title is simple "Cars". I allways thought it was a lil golden book.

Its got cars, delivery trucks, semi's , moving van's, tow trucks, garbage trucks, airport and fire trucks, tractors etc etc. The wording is simple to read for a kid and quite descriptive for whatever task the vehicle does. has about 24 pages cover to cover.

Cept the one i have now has no back cover. Doesn't matter I'm stoked we have it.

Printed by western publishing in 1979.

My ex wife threw out my original copy (spite) but a mate brought over a box of kids books bought at a garage sale and lo and behold another copy was in there.

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Scratchbuilt.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #140609 by
...i'll have to attempt to dig it out, but when eldest son Glen bought a picture book home from school as a young tacker in primary school, he started showing me all the truck cartoon style piccys within, and said the old ''Duel'' conventional Pete was in there....

...whoever made the story and picture book had used real truck pictures to base the cartoon style pics on, and sure enough there was Geoff McDonald's old Peterbilt rig looking at us!!...

...plenty of other Sydney based jiggers in cartoon form were in this fairly thin publication and was great to see our ''local'' stuff in a kiddies book 8-) 8-)

10 years 2 months ago #140610 by
..i managed to dig out the little book tonight...(as usual looking for something else) and the title is ''Mikes Birthday Bulldozer'' by Nan Bodsworth...

....it was published in 1981 and a google search may bring it all to light....might just try that now matter of fact! :) :)

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds