Skip to main content

1992 F16 Volvo refurbish

More
12 years 1 month ago #88884 by Debo
OK its not a real old truck but it has been suggested that we would like to see some resto's so here is my contribution until the B Model gets more funding.
This is the truck before we bought it in 2001 after it was traded in on a new Volvo by the first owner, it had done about 900,000 K's of hard work pulling log's and a float.

here she is at the paint shop, chassis was sand blasted before painting also

now some reassembly after painting

back at the dealer's now, the bullbar was refurbished at Kentweld and had holes for the indicator/park lights fitted, all the alloy was pollished up except the R/H tank it's a new one

and then she looked like this seen here at the Korumburra Truck Show

and some photos of her working

This truck was the first F16 @ 500hp and was Volvo's demo truck so was fitted with all the goodies available at the time like power windows, alloy's, A.B.S. and due to having a computer it had cruise control to go with the speed limiter, here she is when Truckin Life had a look at her, you can see the 500 on the doors and roof kit.

enjoy, Debo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #88885 by Bobsboy
Well you got the first 20 years behind you and provenance. Preservation befor restoration. At least you can make it pay for its keep itself between now and Classic/ Vintage time.

Cheers

Mucking about on the edge

More
12 years 1 month ago #88886 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: 1992 F16 Volvo refurbish
That's a pretty slick looking truck! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
12 years 1 month ago #88887 by Andy Wright
Like your work, Debo.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
12 years 1 month ago #88888 by mammoth
Apparently, in the UK the F16 (last of the old breed) is now THE truck to have at a truck show so you are ahead of the game.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #88889 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1992 F16 Volvo refurbish
i think the first quad axle B doubles around the wharves in melbourne were the big cabover volvos on a fixed vocational route...

..going back a little while now though 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
12 years 1 month ago #88890 by Debo
Replied by Debo on topic Re: 1992 F16 Volvo refurbish
Oh, one thing i did forget to mention is that we sold it back in late 2004 :'( when we sold the tanker job. It now belongs to a farmer, i was sad to see it go as i probably drove it the most, however it's not enjoying as much TLC as we gave it :(. Funny how things evolve though the 1992 F16's 500 hp was not quite as good as the 2002 FM12's 420 hp and nor the fuel economy.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds