Skip to main content

INTER-esting days

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #252524 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic INTER-esting days
I've been going through my photos looking for picture of all the inters I've ever being involved with. Unfortunately I didn't save many photos, but over the next few posts, I'll put up some of the pics I have.  This first one was probably the one that started it all for me. It belonged to my uncle when I was a small boy, and was the first of a number of ACCOs that he used for livestock transport. I think this one had a Cummins but I don’t know what size. The air cleaner on the side at the front is I think quite unusual. I don’t recall seeing another like it. A couple of nice Holdens in the pics too.

Dennis
  • The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, roKWiz, Southbound, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
    3 months 2 weeks ago #252528 by Mrsmackpaul
    Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic INTER-esting days
    That's a unusual aircleaner for sure

I always wanted a deck and a half cattle trailer but they all but dissapeared before I was old enough

That would most be a deck and 3/4 trailer

Great old photo

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
    The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
    3 months 2 weeks ago #252529 by roKWiz
    Replied by roKWiz on topic INTER-esting days
    Great picture, love the Holden's and the wheel spats too. 
    At first I thought the one in the foreground had a massive oil leak but on zooming in a large black dog appeared.

Heritage Stonemason
    In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
    The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, wee-allis

More
    3 months 2 weeks ago #252530 by Bluey60
    Replied by Bluey60 on topic INTER-esting days
    Two of the best looking Holdens made HD in Premier trim imho was pure class

Bluey
    The following user(s) said Thank You: overnite, asw120, Southbound

More
    3 months 2 weeks ago #252534 by V8Ian
    Replied by V8Ian on topic INTER-esting days
    Can't argue with that, Bluey, shame they rusted so badly.

More
    3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #252536 by PDU
    Replied by PDU on topic INTER-esting days
    Couldn't agree more Bluey60, I started my apprenticeship at Generous Motors in '65, and the HD Premier with black bucket seats and an X2 engine was Sweet  - with a capital S too!

However I can not stand spats, never did, and still don't . . . all a matter of taste I guess. 
    Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by PDU.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Southbound

More
    3 months 2 weeks ago #252537 by overnite
    Replied by overnite on topic INTER-esting days
    Love the HD Premiers, love the Nasco spats, but not the aftermarket ones like the ones in the photo

More
    3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #252543 by Southbound
    Replied by Southbound on topic INTER-esting days
    I do like the HDs and HRs as I had plenty of them back in the day. 

The farm truck that started my love of Internationals. AA130 It looks black but was BRG.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
  • Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Southbound.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, asw120, grandad, wee-allis, Fingers

More
    3 months 2 weeks ago #252550 by Brocky45
    Replied by Brocky45 on topic INTER-esting days
    I am trying to answer a question in Vintage Truck magazine.. What years did International use the Dodge Pilot House cab??? And when did Dodge start using the IH A series cab and for how long???
    Thanks
    Brocky

More
    3 months 2 weeks ago #252552 by Lang
    Replied by Lang on topic INTER-esting days
    Brocky

Not the answer to your question but more info.from another forum.TJ RICHARDSI just stumbled across this info here:  www.chrysler-restorers-sa.org.au/crcmag146.pdf  . I'm not sure if this has been covered in this thread."Chrysler Australia plants around Adelaide.  From 1913 the LeCornu site was the home of T.J. Richards & Sons (established in 1884), the plant occupying about 14 acres under one roof. Initially a horsedrawn carriage builder, Richards had built their first car body as early as 1905 in previous premises at H i n d m a r s h Square, Adelaide, and their first Chrysler bodies appeared in 1928.In 1941 the name was changed to Richards Industries Ltd - Motor Body Builders and Metal Stampings. In 1947 a commitment to Chrysler Corporation was made which resulted in a takeover by Chrysler-Dodge-DeSoto Distributors and the formation of Chrysler Australia Ltd in 1951. Within six months Plymouth, Dodge and DeSoto cars were flowing from the production lines, together with assembly of Morris, Standard, Nash and Studebaker cars and International Trucks, followed by Dodge and Fargo trucks. Australian Chrysler Royals were built at Keswick, and the trim and wiring looms for Valiants were fitted there......the industrial area of Mile End, just west of Adelaide city. The 4.45  hectare Scotland Road, Mile End, plant housed Richards’ second motor body operation, having been acquired close to railway yards in 1927. Bodies for Plymouths, Dodges, R and S Series Valiants were assembled at Mile End, as were Simca Arondes - a consequence of the French manufacturer having been bought from Ford in 1959......Finsbury where a yellow and white building at the corner of Audley andNinth Streets - which had been a Lincoln bomber aircraft assembly plant during World War II - was retained as a motor body factory from 1946. Fuse-lages for pilotless Jindivik target drones and turbine blades for Canberra bomber jet engines were also made there until 1958. Dodge and Commer trucks continued to be assembled at Finsbury until the plant closed in the late 1970s......Lonsdale, within sight of the 1,150,000 square feet Lonsdale engine plant - home of the “hemi”. Opened in 1967 to meet Commonwealth government local content requirements, Chrysler signage can still be discerned on the building’s walls - even although it is today a Mitsubishi facility. By that year Chrysler had gained control of Rootes Group, acquiring its Port Melbourne plant, and was producing Hillman Minx, Gazelle and Imp cars, soon followed by the Hunter and (how many remember?) the Hustler - not to mention the Humber Super Snipe..... 
    The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis, Brocky45, PDU

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds