Skip to main content

Wanted - 48ft trailer to carry semi bus

More
10 years 4 months ago #138006 by HeyCharger
Well guys. We went and purchased our old school bus and now have to figure out the best way to get it from Ballarat to Goolwa (SA).
It is nowhere near the condition in the photo. I have described it as a "basket case", but I believe most of it is there so it will present a challenging restoration.
The dimensions are Trailer 36'long 9'high & 8'wide - prime mover (tug) 18' long 7'6" high and 7'6" wide.
If the trailer is fitted to the tug, I estimate we can shorten it by about 6ft, thereby the request for the 48ft trailer. Still have to work out how to load and unload it.
(Nice) thoughts and comments and suggestions appreciated, Thanks Rod.
ps from what we can work out, it is a 1942 Ford with the trailer part probably manufactured by J.A.Lawton.
Exciting and VERY challenging. :D

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #138007 by modela2010
Nice find. Looking forward to seeing it on the road. All the best with transport. Jon

More
10 years 4 months ago #138008 by hayseed
Rod, I reckon you could also use an Extendible trailer as well.(Depending on the loading facilities).

Are you looking to buy/rent the 48' Trailer?
or are you looking for someone with a suitable tailer to transport the Bus for you?

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
10 years 4 months ago #138009 by HeyCharger
The ultimate would be a freebee ;).
But that will not happen. No, the aim is just to get the old girl back to Goolwa.
Will check on loading facilities in the next few days.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

More
10 years 4 months ago #138010 by Aussiehooker
parsons at castlemain ..eagle towing ..or aaa have tilt slide semi trailers fitted with duel winches may be the answer 'a phone call or 3 could take the pain out of it cheers don

More
10 years 4 months ago #138011 by HeyCharger
Just had a bit of a rethink ::).
I may be able to move the tug (prime mover) myself. So only need the trailer part to be moved.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

More
10 years 4 months ago #138012 by Tacho
G'day Lang, that's an interesting story...school day memories...finding the bus you misbehaved in...wanting to get it back to Goolwa...but what happens when it is back there??
Uroo

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds