Skip to main content

Other old vehicles

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #118423 by ray
Other old vehicles was created by ray
I don't know if a topic like this has been started before, if it has I couldn't find it. Anyway, even though most of us have old commercial vehicles of one sort and another a few must have old cars as well. So I will kick it off with a couple that I have at home.
First up is our 1958 Nissan Patrol. It was one of 6 to be imported for army trials, but due to complaints about using Japanese vehicles so soon after the war they were sold off and Landrover got the contract. It has a 4 litre 6cyl side valve engine, 4 speed box but no low range, instead it has a creeper first gear.
[IMG

Next is a 1924 Amilcar (French) which is a replica of the Amilcar that set the speed record between Melbourne and Sydney in 1924. The time was 14hrs 52mins. 4cyl 1100cc side valve, 3 speed box, mechanical brakes on rear wheel only (interesting in the wet!).
[IMG

We also have a diesel Royal Enfield motorbike and another Amilcar which belongs to the Bro-in-law plus a 1958 Austin Gipsy and a 1977 Range Rover.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by ray.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #118424 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: Other old vehicles
I have the last of the 60 series patrols ... the G61. 4 speed box, high and low range 4x4, and 4 litre OHV engine.

http://www.rmp-o.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14079&g2_serialNumber=2
As it sits now ...

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
11 years 2 months ago #118425 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Other old vehicles
ray have never seen one of those nissans before and diesel motor bike I will be waiting to see a picture of that 8-) regards Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
11 years 2 months ago #118426 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Other old vehicles
Our G 60 Nissan was used to pull a 40 ft boomspray, served us well. David

More
11 years 2 months ago #118427 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: Other old vehicles
G'day mrsmackpaul, here is a picture of the diesel Enfield. It is a factory job and not after market. It was built by Royal Enfield in India in 1986 and then sent to the Sooraj factory (who make Tuk-Tuks) where the 325cc Lombadini engine was fitted. It is reputed to get 200mpg!
[IMG

More
11 years 2 months ago #118428 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: Other old vehicles
OK, here's mine. (Apart from a yeard full of vehicles which mostly don't go.)
This is my daily drive; a 1951 Studebaker Champion. On full rego and driven all the time (OK, not commuting - have OTISmobile for that)
6 cyl side-valve, 3-speed with overdrive. Drove it home from Proserpine to Ipswich.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
11 years 2 months ago #118429 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Other old vehicles
Hokay ... one from me. This is our 1935 Series 1 Morris 8 side-valve when it was for sale over on the left side. I had to re-do the charging circuit as it was not working - somebody at some stage had bastardised the voltage regulator by chopping out bits from it. >:( >:( It now runs a 6V 22A electronic voltage regulator which is hidden in the old Lucas regulator bakelite casing. The headlights as you would imagine at 6V 24W were pretty poor, but I have changed them over to Halogen bulbs ... what a difference!! 8-) 8-) The park lights are now running 6V LED bulbs, which draw diddly squat current.

I have spent the last couple of weekends going through the braking system and tuning the engine for maximum horsepower, ;D ;D so now it is almost ready to take it in for a rego inspection and stick it on NT Club rego.

[IMG

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
11 years 2 months ago #118430 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Other old vehicles
How big is your shed Bugly?
The collection keeps growing. LOL

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #118431 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Other old vehicles

How big is your shed Bugly?
The collection keeps growing. LOL

The daily drivers rest in the carport at the house. The man-cave (the main fixit workshop) is a 15m x 9m 5-bay shed, and I had to build a 12m x 12m truck-port to stick the rest in. Got to stop now or I'll run out of birthdays to restore them all. ;D ;D

Have a look at the van on this link:
This was Bugly the Morris JB van I sold which became the Cadbury Joyville promotional van. And this one:

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Bugly.

More
11 years 2 months ago #118432 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Other old vehicles
thanks for that Ray have never seen or heard of anything like that 200mpg that would have to give a Toyota Prisis a run for it's money and you would look a whole lot cooler doing it just like a diesel powered Fonzzy Nice looking Studebaker there Jarrod bet you enjoyed every mile of the drive home to.Bugly as my dad always says a man can never have to many sheds .Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds