Skip to main content

Chevrolet Huck Park brake help needed

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #159581 by 33chev
Hi to everyone I am new to this forum I need some help although not entirely a truck question. I imported a 1933 Chevrolet 3 window coupe its originally from Argentina someone has modified the brakes and converted them to Hydraulic. From the research Ive done I think they are from a 1940's Chevrolet 3/4 or 1 ton truck the strange 1/4 size trailing shoe is from an earlier chev truck of the 30's I think. Anyway whoever done the modifications never bothered installing the park brake components. I want to adapt the levers and links anybody make the levers and links as shown in the first photo I cannot find them anywhere even in the USA.Im hoping they will work any suggestions appreciated

Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bparo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #159582 by 33chev
Hi ive posted photos not sure why they haven't come up but if you paste the link and search you will find them. The first photo shows the parts I hope will help me out the brake photo with the small trailing brake shoe is what I have on the rear of my 33. The other photo is my car and the other brake photo is a standard chevy Huck park brake system

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #159583 by bparo
fixed the photos for you. I simplified it to
just show
Code:
[img]http:lmageaddress.jpg[/img]
getting rid of the
Code:
[URL=]
as the system was getting confused with the mismatched brackets and order

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bparo.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #159584 by hayseed
Very nice car there mate, & welcome.........

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #159585 by Zuffen
Would it be easier to source a complete juice brake rear end and replace your existing one?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #159586 by 33chev
I doubt other rear ends would fit this car has a torque tube fairly uncommon 6 stud wheel bolt pattern. I am going to try and keep it as original as possible. The brakes work good and are fairly new I just need the handbrake working. After a little more research and measuring a 1946 to 1952 Chevrolet/GMC 1 ton truck seems to have the correct parts I need any sources for these would be appreciated?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #159587 by asw120
I'd think there would be plenty of mid - late 30's Chev diffs about, but I can't remember whether the handbrake was on the back of the gearbox, or in the back brakes. (I had a '37 half-door ute and a '38 sedan project cars about 20 years ago).

Best of luck, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #159588 by hayseed
33chev, have you thought about fitting a Park brake assembly on the rear of the gearbox??
Should be easier to find than what you're looking for. I would imagine.....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #159589 by 33chev
hi this model car has a torque tube like most chevs of the 30's to 50's which means the drive shaft is enclosed not open hard to put any other handbrake system other than in the brake drums.

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds