Skip to main content

Getting this 86' 6 cyl Trader work ready

More
3 days 16 hours ago - 3 days 16 hours ago #252499 by roKWiz
Gryphon , Must check that it won't do that.

On with the tray......

Most of the rest of the headboard and side sections were brushed painted using the white, you guessed it, Rustoleum. The sides needed to match the Holden Goldrush.

Then came time to roll the chassis back under. It was easier to pull the truck back with a come along rather than trying to back it under using its engine.

Rail packers slid back in after jacking up the tray.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
Last edit: 3 days 16 hours ago by roKWiz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Normanby, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 days 16 hours ago #252500 by roKWiz
Happy to see the tray back on the chassis. Several new longer chassis U brackets were required and as this truck is already registered and using a fully welded box frame. It is not required to have the side bolted type brackets installed which is standard on a C section chassis.

Between the frame is the perfect place to slide in my ramps and hopefully room for job related star pickets etc.

some cut down  leftover KW flaps from another truck recently sold.

With the smaller version.

Checking the ramps with little JD. Should work nicely by strapping him down on the slope and allowing most of the full flat deck area for 4 ton of stone. Crappy under capacity crane is just zip tied to the headboard atm.

Still plenty to do.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, PaulFH, wee-allis, PDU, oliver1950

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 days 12 hours ago #252503 by Swishy
Look at that
the fleets in
even has a mobile sin bin
well dun
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, roKWiz, wee-allis

More
2 days 21 hours ago #252518 by roKWiz

Look at that
the fleets in
even has a mobile sin bin
well dun
cya
Swishy, even the sin bin needs to earn its keep. (March 93 XF Falcon, the very last carby 4.1 crossflow.)

Heritage Stonemason
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, grandad, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
2 days 21 hours ago #252520 by Lang
Getting your rocks off in the sin bin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, roKWiz, V8Ian, wee-allis, PDU, oliver1950, grumpy gumpy

More
2 days 20 hours ago #252525 by IHScout
Great work Rocwiz. Thanks for posting the full story.

Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

More
2 days 19 hours ago #252527 by wee-allis
Oooh you are naughty, Lang.

More
1 day 9 hours ago #252549 by Morris
As Lang says:- ooh you are naughty (but I like it)

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
22 hours 37 minutes ago #252553 by roKWiz
Interior time....
after most of the useless wires had been removed, the dash could be stuck back together with some right parts that had been missing or damaged.

The master brake cylinder had been weeping through the seals like they tend to do after sitting. I had several repair kits on hand to replace the bad seals.Fortunately the vacuum booster side of it  didn't need to come out.

Easy job with the dash out.

Left hand side crash pad on these is known to crack and this one was no different. Impossible to find a good one new or secondhand.
Recovering it with new almost matching vinyl was the way to go.

Most of the dash back together though still missing 2 of the heater knobs.

Heritage Stonemason
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis, PDU

More
22 hours 18 minutes ago - 22 hours 11 minutes ago #252554 by roKWiz
The stupid Jap glovebox lids always break off so it was time for the ice cream lid trick someone on another forum told me about.

Basically pull the 2 piece outer lid apart and sandwich the plastic material between it then screw it back and under the 4 retaining screws inside the glove box cut out. Works a treat.

I swapped over to a new style drivers seat from a later Trader parts truck, this one was well kept with no rips or damage. A colour change might be needed to match properly.

Outside again to install some NOS brackets and mirrors.

and those super expensive indicator housing and lenses. only made for the Ford version.
(Mazda truck ones look identical,but are 40mm shorter and Mazda bus version have a splayed top)

still more to finish.

Heritage Stonemason
Last edit: 22 hours 11 minutes ago by roKWiz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, PDU

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds