Skip to main content

Forum Slowdown

More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #253720 by Lang
Forum Slowdown was created by Lang
I am getting the feeling the forum might have run its course.

Very few responses to posts or lively discussions anymore. Nearly all responses come from the usual suspects and even they are falling by the wayside.

If you look at the statistics at the bottom there is usually less than half a dozen on line (from nearly 4,000 registered). More telling is the low number of non-members on line - the world seems to have lost interest.

Is it just me?

Lang
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluey60, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #253721 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Forum Slowdown
Fair question, Lang!
Other than the "Usual Suspects" keeping things ticking over, does seem to be a bit of lack of interest.
Have more people moved to faceache?
Or more people steered away from same?
Maybe its simply a sign of the times, other interests, maybe familys requiring more of donors time?
I for one would hate to think its run its course, have made quite a few contacts over the years, so I for one hope things "come good"
Dave64
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluey60, Lang, PaulFH

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #253722 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Forum Slowdown
Good . Lang
I clik in a couple of times a day
either on the work or home computer
got sik n tired of login in all the time
even tho I read 99% of all posts
tiz becomes a pain when U evantually log in U get all the green marks as unread even tho I have read m

the on going problems with the forum R a pain specially when there other forums running sweet as can be expected
where U don't need to log in every time as they remember U for years
might be time to bite the bullet and spend a dollar and get a reliable forum software 
eg: BIG MACKForum @
www.bigmacktrucks.com/

Via:
invisioncommunity.com/

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluey60, Lang, wee-allis

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #253723 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic Forum Slowdown
Be a shame to see it go, of the dozen or so forums that I have involved in over the years, this one and ADV rider (motor bikes) are the only ones still standing, ADV is worldwide to some extent and seems to have a good format and hasn't change much over the years. Everything else has faded away and I don't think there is much that can be done about it short of getting everyone that checks in to post some comment but how do you do that.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #253724 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Forum Slowdown
I was recently spurred to post a good word for the Vintage Rims business at Kingaroy. The rims made our ‘29 Nash tourer were a touch wider but in all other respects perfect. At that time they couldn’t make lock rings, I had 20 inch Austin truck with the matching locking profile, with some cutting down of the outer edge they were a good match.
I was not able to attach a photo so gave up.
David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, asw120

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #253726 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic Forum Slowdown
I think the help, assistance, and encouragement to anyone seeking it, is still here, although we have sadly lost some very knowledgeable contributors, through either illness or just from the natural passing of time.

If someone asks a question and i can help them with a reasonable degree of certainty, i will.  If i don't know the answer, i might occasionally offer a suggestion to perhaps point them in the right direction of finding an answer, but i have visited other forums where every man and his dog is an immediate expert on every subject, even though it usually ends up they have never actually done, or never even seen before, the job in question.  That to me spoils a forum, i have no interest in wading through replies of random dribble.

I learn from this forum, and i assist others here the best i can, when i feel i can contribute something of worth. 

Any entertainment factor from the forum is just a bonus.

Brett.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Bluey60, asw120, Splod

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #253727 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Forum Slowdown
I guess the forum is only as good as we make it

There used to be more forums I was involved with, but there is only this and the Mack truck forum these days

Mack truck forum has slowed considerably as well

Logging all the time is frustrating but not a drama really in the grand scheme of things

Posting photos used to be a issue but that has been resolved

I feel every time we have a upgrade we loose a few members as it can be quite frustrating to re learn what to do again and some members just give up

I haven't really played trucks much at all of late

Out trying my hand at hay baling last night
Quite vintage gear these days really

Not really much to share
Facebook is crap but I think it is busier because there is so much more content from all over the place
A lot more head aches as well

But logging in all the time is frustrating, that is for sure

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Bluey60, wee-allis

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #253728 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Forum Slowdown
And right then is the most frustrating issue
I type a reply and go to post it and "badda bing badda boom" logged out, reply gone and I need to start over

This happens quite a bit, I get half way through a reply and something comes up and I have to stop
I finish the reply later and I go to post and I get logged out

Kinda frustrating and some days I tell myself I'll get back to this (normally on a Friday) next thing, it's some day the following week

I dunno if it is just me, I don't complain but it does mean content is slower appearing, if at all because that post is never put up
Perhaps Swishman is right and this is more of a issue than we realise
Still, I do enjoy the forum

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluey60, Lang

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #253729 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Forum Slowdown
Wholeheartedly concur with above conclusions!
Dave64
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluey60

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #253730 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Forum Slowdown
I would hate to lose this Forum. It is the only forum I am on but I have to agree that fewer and fewer appear to be using it now. It cannot be helped that a lot of members are no longer using it purely because of increasing age or ill health but others appear to have stopped for reasons described by others above. I have tried to get on to Facebook but have not been successful.
It is difficult to teach an old dog new tricks.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds