Skip to main content

Forum Slowdown

More
1 day 4 hours ago #253943 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic Forum Slowdown
It's clear since Lang's first post on this thread that we have to do more than look in on the forum, we have to post stuff, pictures are great, but debate drives the forum, not everyone is going to agree with you, stiff shit that's life, some believe you should stick to topic I don't, a conversation flow's and takes you to some unexpected and interesting places.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Southbound, V8Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 day 3 hours ago #253946 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Forum Slowdown
It would appear there are lots looking in the background.

We should announce ourselves as having read the post with a thankyou. Unfortunately Thankyou is not universally applicable and posters are not seeking reward. It deters readers from registering.their presence.

Maybe we should change Thankyou and offer Interesting, Read or Noted for routine matters and save Thankyou for specific approval.

Probably not going to happen, so to avoid the poster losing heart and dropping the thread for perceived lack of interest let us think of Thankyou as more generic response useful in all circumstances like when the check-out girl hands your change or a cop passes your speeding ticket through the window. Special thanks can be made in writing on a further post if you think it is a good thing.

Even though you know there are people looking a poster will drop the thread if he is met by silence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, Morris, 235mack, 77louie400, Southbound, Zuffen, oliver1950

More
17 hours 11 minutes ago #253961 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Forum Slowdown
Looking at he number of looks and number of replies this Thread is getting 3.568% replies as of now.

I'll have a look at the reply rate on a few other Forums I'm on (including the one I manage) to see what the usual rate is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, Lang, 77louie400, wee-allis

More
4 hours 19 minutes ago #253976 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Forum Slowdown
Well I’m guilty, have not been on the forum for ages.
Started thinking about Ted in his modern Titan compared to the old GM’s so here I am.
Crap year so far.
Picked up a dose of prostate cancer, 5+5 so have been a bit up and down.  Chemo is such a root.
Can not believe the financial drain to the country from this shithouse disease.  I’m on pills, $3500 a month, forever.  Costs me $7.70.   Radiation was $16k, cost me about $2500.
But I digress, so Ted, have you had any electrical gremlins from the modern engine.  
4-53 turbo engines are all the rage in the US with repowers to F trucks.  Think there might be better options….
I saw Steve just replaced his KTA with a modern electronic engine, will be interesting to see how the wiring/sensors etc holds up to corrugations. 

More
1 hour ago #253981 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic Forum Slowdown

Well I’m guilty, have not been on the forum for ages.
Started thinking about Ted in his modern Titan compared to the old GM’s so here I am.
Crap year so far.
Picked up a dose of prostate cancer, 5+5 so have been a bit up and down.  Chemo is such a root.
Can not believe the financial drain to the country from this shithouse disease.  I’m on pills, $3500 a month, forever.  Costs me $7.70.   Radiation was $16k, cost me about $2500.
But I digress, so Ted, have you had any electrical gremlins from the modern engine.  
4-53 turbo engines are all the rage in the US with repowers to F trucks.  Think there might be better options….
I saw Steve just replaced his KTA with a modern electronic engine, will be interesting to see how the wiring/sensors etc holds up to corrugations. 

Tough road your on with your health Jeffo, I have been on that road for 4 and a half years about to go for some Chemo in a couple of weeks, every day that passes, they get better at keeping you going, they are a long way ahead of where they were 4 and a half years ago. Stay fit stay busy. Lost a few mates to it since I started down that road to it mainly because it was found to late, so the rest of you blokes get to the doctor and get tested today, if you are to late then it's to late.

Time to create page: 0.783 seconds