Skip to main content

New to these truck

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #252912 by Foxy
Replied by Foxy on topic New to these truck
Yea it has hinges fitted in rear that are broken . I like the side lift style so I’ll try find some. I’ll also want to swap out wheels for some alloy ones if possible. I have lots of ideas but not sure where to start lol 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #252914 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic New to these truck

For your parts chasing thoughts.. That cab looks like the Dodge Pilot House???
Yes Brocky, they are basically a Pilothouse cab. All of the internal pressings and the roof and doors are the same. Made by T.J. Richards, I believe.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #252923 by Foxy
So what other parts are interchangeable? Is it the dodge pilot house what about the Bedford they look the same. I will be wanting some parts , drivers door is a bit how’s ya uncle , wipers . To be honest I have basically rolled of truck and not looked yet. I have never had a truck before so I’m in a steep learning curve. Like silly stuff the duel wheels is there two nuts to remove? Are they both the same thread 
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Foxy.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #252930 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic New to these truck
Hello Foxy,
Interesting that you should find photo of our trucks from way back. The cabs may have similarities but will be different as Bedford Australian ones were made by GMH. Regarding wheel nuts one of our trucks had the inner wheel held with a tubular nut that had a thread on the outside, the outer wheel then placed over that and held with a normal nut. The other truck had a similar tubular nut, I think without a flange on the inner end, screwed on to the studs first then both wheels put together and held with a normal nut. We bought this truck second hand and do not know if this was from original.
It would be good if you could find someone that has an interest in trucks that would be as good as a manual.
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #252932 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic New to these truck

For your parts chasing thoughts.. That cab looks like the Dodge Pilot House???T
They were both made by TJ Richards in Adelaide coming out of the same factory at the same time then sent to the appropriate factory for assembly.  They were close but not identical. The easiest give away is the Dodge Pilot house cab has curved windows in the back corners while the International cab doesn't

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #252941 by Foxy
So I got it running today. Was burning off some oil and stuff from Eng ran ok. So it’s a tipper but I’m not sure what the levers do. I did manage to get it to up up a bit ( didn’t want to do it much as it was in the shed) I will post some pics tomorrow 

here is a video of it running if I can post it.

also I will be wanting to change it to 12v 
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #252942 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic New to these truck
There should be two levers to operate the tipper, OR one lever and one pull cable.  One lever OR pull cable will put the PTO (power take off) in to gear.  The PTO is what drives the hydraulic pump that pumps the oil in to the hoist, to make the tipper lift.

The other lever will control the oil valve which either directs oil in to the hoist to make the tipper go up, or lets the oil out of the hoist to let the tipper come down again.

Only engage the PTO when you want to put the tipper up.  The rest of the time it should be "out of gear".  The clutch pedal should be used to engage the PTO, just the same as if you were selecting 1st gear in the gearbox, and releasing the clutch pedal to move off forward, push the clutch pedal down, engage the PTO, and release the pedal which in turn sends drive to the hydraulic pump. 

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wouldyou, Foxy

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #252943 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic New to these truck
Reference your wheel lug nuts: With spoke wheels and open (Dayton) rims there will be only one lug nut.. With Disc wheels there may be either a single or an inner and out nut depending to the weight size they are designed for.
Do a little searching for topics about changing wheels/tires. Swishy has posted an excellent set of directions for changing the Dayton (spoke, wobbley, ETC) wheels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #252945 by Foxy
Thanks so far for all of your help, I will have more questions to come. 

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #252946 by Foxy
Hey there again where will I find the Eng number I still have to clean the Eng as it is coated thick with well … crap

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds