Skip to main content

Dima in Ukraine

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #252803 by Dima Ukraine
Replied by Dima Ukraine on topic Dima in Ukraine
Eight hundred and eighty-first day of the war of the Ukrainian people against the russian fascists!In Ukraine, the law on strengthening the mobilisation of persons liable for military service was continued for three months. This shows that we need to replenish the losses of servicemen who gave their lives for the freedom of Ukraine!By order of our defenders our volunteer organisation has purchased 10 kamikaze drones. This is not much, but our organisation has limited funds. These drones will definitely destroy at least a dozen russian fascists! We will continue to support our defenders!I'm going on night duty!Losses of russian fascists on 23 July!

• The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
    2 months 3 weeks ago #252823 by Dima Ukraine
    Eight hundred and eighty-second day of the war of the Ukrainian people against the russian fascists!
    An air alert has just been sounded, because the russian fascists have taken to the skies with missile-carrying aeroplanes! Now the rocket bombardment of peaceful Ukrainian cities will continue!
    During the night, russian fascists released 23 kamikaze drones on Ukrainian cities, of which 17 were shot down by our air defence!
    And we need to continue to fight and prepare the future of Ukraine. Yesterday I handed economist diplomas to my bachelors, who after the end of the war will rebuild the economy of Ukraine, destroyed by russian fascists! They are our future!
    Losses of russian fascists as of 24 July!

• The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, Lang, Normanby, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
    2 months 3 weeks ago #252838 by Dima Ukraine
    Eight hundred and eighty-third day of the war of the Ukrainian people against the russian fascists!
    Yesterday I handed out diplomas to my students, and today, in our volunteer centre, I actively got involved in the work of preparing useful parcels for our heroic defenders! We do not stop, we work without days off, because we understand that a reliable rear allows our soldiers to defend their homeland!
    Today we received the long-awaited handover - a tonne of steel balls, which are used as defeat elements. A friend of mine learnt how to make shell casings filled with steel balls. This will save time for our sappers and partially compensate for the shortage of shells at the front. We have paid for half of today's shipment, 500kg, and we need to raise $2,500 to pay the supplier. If you consider it possible to support our volunteer work, we would be grateful for your support!

• The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
    2 months 3 weeks ago #252842 by Morris
    Replied by Morris on topic Dima in Ukraine
    Yesterday, my wife learned that the aid packages her women's group mailed in May have not yet arrived in Ukraine.

Such delays do not deter our women who are assembling packages of blankets and warm clothing to send to those Ukrainians whose houses have been destroyed.

My wife has accepted the task of combining squares of woolen crochet work into blankets that will be mailed to Ukraine as soon as possible.  We hope that these will arrive before the onset of cold weather. Her branch of the Country Womens Association has donated money to pay for postage.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
    my nose to the grindstone,
    I've put my best foot forward,
    I've put my back into it,
    I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dima Ukraine

More
    2 months 3 weeks ago #252844 by Lang
    Replied by Lang on topic Dima in Ukraine
    This is the Israeli "Iron Dome" defence system in action.

Ukraine is using some of these weapons to combat drones and short range missiles but even with the huge Israeli defensive concentration you can see a few get through. Ukraine has a battle front a hundred times longer than Israel with far fewer weapons.

fb.watch/tyALagrtRA/
    The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dima Ukraine, Morris, wee-allis

More
    2 months 3 weeks ago #252859 by Dima Ukraine
    Eight hundred and eighty-fourth day of the war of the Ukrainian people against the russian fascists.
    Today I helped my friend to send parcels for our defenders of four military brigades. The total weight of the parcels was more than a tonne. We sent many useful things, but the main thing is dozens of shells filled with steel balls, with which our soldiers will actively destroy russian fascists! If you want to join the destruction of russian fascism, you can make donations, for which my friend will make shells, and our soldiers will deliver them to their destination, do not hesitate! I have dozens of videos sent to us by the warriors we provide, but I can't publish them, I will be blocked.
    Losses of russian fascists on 26 July!

• The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, Lang, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
    2 months 2 weeks ago #252866 by Dima Ukraine
    Eight hundred and eighty-fifth day of the war of the Ukrainian people against the russian fascists!
    The situation with the electricity supply has improved a little, there were no blackouts today, and this obviously improves the mood of the Ukrainians.
    On the other hand let's not forget about the front, where the russian fascists are displacing our defenders, who are experiencing a great deficit in armaments. In particular, the situation with the supply of shells is not improving, and I am not even talking about the promised planes.
    But we will continue to fight for our freedom no matter what, we volunteers will support our soldiers, and they will defend their land and freedom!
    I'm going on night duty.
    Losses of russian fascists as of 27 July!

More
    2 months 2 weeks ago #252871 by Lang
    Replied by Lang on topic Dima in Ukraine
    Dima

I would not pin too much hope on F16's making much difference.

They are very old design aircraft and considered the "sportscar" fighter of their day. Cheap, light, nimble and adaptable but even then the Americans had more serious fighters working beside them. They certainly have been upgraded since 1979 and have very good modern electronics in the very latest models that make them competitive with the Russians. I do not know how old the aircraft you are getting are but I believe there has been an upgrade program on the ones going to Ukraine.

If they are used to launch stand-off weapons like the Russians are doing they will be useful. I do not know if these weapons are being supplied to Ukraine. There is not much in the way of traditional dog fighting any more and everything depends on missiles between aircraft. Unfortunately the Russians have outstanding fighters, particularly excellent long range air-to-air missiles in the SU35 and the latest SU37 is probably as good or better than anything in the west.

As both Ukraine and Russia have proven, any attack aircraft doing direct support near front line defences has a very short life expectancy.

There are a lot of very smart people (on both sides) working on the best way to use their assets to do most damage without letting the other side exploit their weaknesses causing unnecessary losses.

The F16 arrival will be a big boost to morale but they have to keep coming to continue to make a statement as they are lost in the normal expected rate due to both enemy action and accident.

I hope they arrive soon.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
    2 months 2 weeks ago #252885 by mammoth
    The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis

More
    2 months 2 weeks ago #252888 by Dima Ukraine
    Eight hundred and eighty-sixth day of the war of the Ukrainian people against the russian fascists!
    Today, at the request of our defenders, our volunteer organisation, the sponsor has purchased two Mavic 3 drones, which are very popular among our soldiers. They are very expensive, so we cannot buy them for the warriors on our own. At the same time, these drones are just a consumable item, but very effective in destroying the russian fascists!
    Modern warfare, to a large extent, is a drone war, as they allow to save the lives of warriors and accurately hit the target! Good day, tomorrow these drones will be taken by our volunteers to the front line, to our defenders!!!!
    Losses of russian fascists as of 27 July!

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds